Unlimited chat and search
Communicate with your team and always stay up to date with free chat and search capabilities.
Online meetings and video calling
Get your team on the same page with impromptu meetings and audio or video calling.
Team and personal file storage
Enjoy 10 GB of team file storage and 2 GB of personal file storage per person.
Real-time collaboration with Office
Work together using Office apps for web including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
Up to 500K users
Communicate and collaborate with teams large and small.st and in transit.
Choose what you show in a chat or meeting: your desktop, a specific app, a presentation, or a file.
Eliminate distractions and ensure meetings run smoothly with background blur.
Grant people outside your organization access to existing teams and channels in Teams.
Access, share, and edit Word docs, PowerPoint, and Excel files in real time.
Share files with colleagues and work on them together.
More than 250 integrated apps and services
Bring the apps and services you love into Teams to create your organization’s hub for teamwork.
Security and compliance
Help keep information secure with Microsoft Teams data encryption at rest and in transit.
Frequently asked questions
Is Teams really free?
Yes! The free version of Teams includes the following:
- Unlimited chat messages and search.
- Built-in audio and video calling for individuals, groups, and full team meetups.
- 10 GB of team file storage plus 2 GB per person for personal storage.
- Integrated real-time content creation with Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Unlimited app integrations with 250+ business apps to choose from, including Adobe, Evernote, and Trello.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with anyone inside or outside your organization, backed by Microsoft’s secure, global infrastructure.
Will my account expire?
No, your account will not expire.
What features are not in the free version?
Several Teams features are only available in the paid version in Microsoft 365. The full-featured, paid version of Teams includes:
- Additional storage, with plans starting at 1 TB file storage per user.
- Rich file collaboration in the Office desktop apps.
- Meeting scheduling and intelligent video capabilities.
- Additional first- and third-party app integrations.
- Advanced IT controls.
- Enterprise-level security and compliance.
Toggle How do I upgrade to the paid version?title
The individual who created the tenant (i.e., the person who signed up for the free version of Teams) can upgrade directly from the Teams free product by clicking on your profile in the top left-hand corner. Upgrading from the free version of Microsoft Teams also unlocks the full set of Teams capabilities, including scheduled meetings, calendar, 1 TB of file storage, and advanced administration features.
Will I be able to keep my data if I upgrade to a paid version of Microsoft 365?
Yes. Customers who purchase Microsoft 365 Business Standard or Business Basic directly from the free version of Teams will not lose any data. Customers needing to purchase Microsoft 365 enterprise plans can work with some of our trusted partners to migrate their data to their new paid plan.
Who’s eligible for the free version of Microsoft Teams?
Anyone with any corporate or consumer email address can sign up for Teams today. People who don’t already have a paid Microsoft 365 commercial subscription will have access to the free version of Teams. If a user at an existing Microsoft 365 commercial customer tries to sign up for free, they will be routed into the managed Teams experience for their organization. If the user doesn’t yet have a license for Teams as part of their organization’s Microsoft 365 plan, they will be routed to the Microsoft Teams Exploratory experience for free until January 2021. Learn more about Microsoft Teams Exploratory experience.